Sunday, March 28, 2010

America, oh how i've missed you...

I can officially say that tomorrow i'll be back in America. What a strange thought, to finally be going home. This has been quite an adventure - one that I know i'll tell my children about one day. I came to Iraq hoping for an opportunity, and I'm leaving with a lifetime full of memories. In my short 6 and half months, I have had the chance to travel throughout Iraq doing Public Affairs. Its been an honor to have seen this part of the world, and to have served side-by-side my fellow servicemembers. I couldn't ask for a better team and friends. I go back feeling as though i've learned so much in a short period of time, thanks entirely to the people that gave me this opportunity and taught me along the way. Depsite long days, stressfull challenges and the threats that come with being deployed - i wouldn't trade this for anything.

So, thank you Iraq, for being my home for this deployment - but mostly, thank you to the people that filled my days and made it feel like home and family. I go home with a full heart.

To those still there, I'll be praying for you until you come home. Look forward to seeing you on American soil!

No comments:

Post a Comment